Folks, are you sick and tired of the traditional wedding venues? I’m talking about places of worship, gardens, hotels, and parks. If so, what do you think about having your dream wedding at a picturesque, unique, and refreshing place like Wood Acres Farm?
Perfectly located at the ‘Gateway’ of the renowned Litchfield Hills in Connecticut, this farm covers a vast area of 25 acres of wide-open countryside, wooded trails, ponds, and gorgeous, lush gardens. You can expect a professional yet personal approach from this venue as the farm is family owned and operated for four generations! This family sure knows how to host great parties.
Stress is the last thing you’d want from a Connecticut wedding venue — and Wood Acres Farm ensures you’ll have none of it. Why? Because they only host one wedding a day — you’ll have this beautiful place to yourself (and of course your guests). This setup gives you the opportunity to receive personal attention from the farm’s dynamic staff for your rustic wedding event.
This incredible wedding venue in Connecticut offers a wide range of facilities that accommodates every style of wedding, including:
- Ceremony Area – in which you will most definitely create unforgettable memories for your country wedding because of its unique rustic aesthetic!
- 25 magnificent acres of stunning scenery that covers a wide-open countryside, wooded trails, ponds, and gorgeous, lush gardens… nature’s bliss!
- One Wedding Only Setup that allows you to receive personal attention from the farm’s dynamic staff for your rustic wedding event;
- A Personal Dressing Room featuring: full-length mirrors, hair and makeup stations, and wait for it… a private powder room just for you and your bridesmaids!
A small porch-like stage designed to give you and your significant other some intimacy during dinner;
- A Loft that gives you a birds-eye view of the event, including the dance floor – a fantastic opportunity to get charming snaps of the celebration;
- A wrap-around porch that’s perfect for absorbing all the sights and sounds of the countryside on your wedding day.
Exclusive access to the green, lush, romantic gardens that you can only find at Wood Acres Farm.
Wood Acre Farms
68 Griffin Rd, Terryville, CT 06786, United States
Farm, Barn, Bridal Suite
Brief History Of Wood Acres Farm
Wood Acres Farm started as a fruit and poultry farm in the mid-1800s. It was later used as a ‘training camp’ for horses used with carriages on the island of Bermuda. In 1972, Ken Wood inherited the farm and thanks to his vast experience working with horses, he began a booming horse and carriage service. In 1986, Ken and his wife, Joyce, began transforming the farm into a Connecticut wedding venue, which hosts country weddings.
Every bride wants a private moment with her bridesmaids on her wedding day, right? That shouldn’t be a problem here. Wood Acres Farm features a Bridal Cottage only for the ladies, which is highlighted by skylight windows and soft accent lighting. You’ll have that relaxing atmosphere and natural ambiance you always wanted for your big day! How does having a personal dressing room, full-length mirrors, hair and makeup stations, and a private powder room sound to you? On your wedding day, you deserve all the pampering and special attention from those who care about you, and no better place to share those moments than the Bridal Cottage.
If you’re looking for elegance and warm country appeal for your rustic wedding, the Banquet Barn will sure work like a charm! This section is highlighted by an old-fashioned, wrap-around porch — perfect for absorbing all the sights and sounds of the countryside. Be mesmerized by the gorgeous wide-planked wood floors and authentic, barn-style lighting. The Barn features ‘couple’s nook’, a small porch-like stage designed to give you some intimacy during dinner, and the ‘loft’, which offers a birds-eye view of the event, including the dance floor.
Accommodations for Ceremonies
Wood Acres Farm offers three wedding packages, namely:
- The Pleasant View Package
- The Candlewood Package
- The Nottingwood Package
Of the three, The Pleasant View Package is the most popular. It gives you awesome inclusions, such as:
- Exclusive access to the garden and the Banquet Barn;
- Multiple outdoor ceremony sites in their gardens;
- Horse and carriage for grand entrance and newlyweds ride – and we all know that this is a turning point for you to choose, am I right!?
- 24 ceremony chairs, set up and taken down by their staff;
- Rustic decor like centerpieces and other props;
- Use of the Bridal Cottage for 2 hours prior to your ceremony and during the reception!
Pricing, Packages, and Potential Fees
As mentioned earlier, there are three wedding packages for you to choose from, one of which is the Pleasant View, their most popular choice. This package offers varying prices, depending on the day of your wedding. If it falls on a Friday, prices start at $6750. If you choose a Saturday for your event, prices start at $6950, and should you pick Sunday, rates kick off at $6550. A garden ceremony includes a five-hour reception or you can choose to have a six-hour reception.
The Candlewood is a perfect reception-only option. Friday rates start at $6050; Saturdays begin at $6250, and for Sundays, it’s $5850. However, please keep in mind that this package is not available on Saturdays in September or October. Also, an optional horse-drawn carriage or wagonette may be available for you and your guests to enjoy during Social hour. For more details, give them a call.
The Nottingwood package is available Monday thru Wednesday in-season (April-October) and all days of the week during the off-season (November-April), excluding Holidays. Prices start at $5850 from November 2020-April 2021.