Sun Valley Beach Club has been Connecticut’s family getaway since 1964, offering guests unique experiences through its various amenities and activities featuring pristine water views and lush rolling lawn.
This incredible wedding venue in Connecticut comes with the following features:
- Elegant and rustic wedding venue
- Stunning wedding backdrops for your wedding affair and photographs
- Relaxing activities await you at Sun Valley Beach Club.
- Sun Valley Beach Club offers you various outdoor activities from cozy to adventurous ones in all seasons.
- Professional banquet staff to assist you in organizing and achieving your dream wedding.
- The menus at Sun Valley Beach Club include buffets and plated dinners, plus you have the option of customizing them.
- Stunning banquet halls for your wedding affair – the Club House and the Hillhouse
- It has a picturesque wedding venue that is ideal for the wedding ceremony, regardless of whether the reception takes place at the Sun Valley Beach Club.
A Brief Overview
Six investors, including Bob Minor, bought the 166-acre dairy farm in 1961. After buying out the other investors in 1962, Bob set up Sun Valley Lake with the dream of having a family recreation area. Many of the trees still stand as a result of his efforts to preserve their majestic presence.
It was July 1, 1964, when the front beach first opened for business, and it was 1965 when eighty families joined Sun Valley for the first season of fun. New England had its first high slide in 1966 at Sun Valley Beach Club. Minor family’s favorite picnic area was used as a campsite in 1967, and it is now known as Campsite 28. Then, Sun Valley Beach Club completed its 465 feet back beach in 1968.
As Bob Minor’s dream of creating the finest in family recreation has continued through 55 years of improvements and expansion, his dream remains unchanged.
Sun Valley Beach Club is a stunning wedding venue that takes pride in creating a unique community-oriented experience where everyone feels at home. It is a private Beach Club and Campground that features serene lake views and lush rolling lawns in Stafford Springs, Connecticut.
Say “I do” in its pristine waterfront views as you walk down the aisle of its 2,000 feet white sandy beach. If you are feeling adventurous before you tie the knot, Sun Valley Beach Club offers you a 20 feet water slide and a 10 feet high water dive. Sun Valley Beach Club also offers you a 10-acre spring-fed lake for you to relax and feel the moment as you seal your marriage.
Wedding Reception at the Sun Valley Beach Club
Sun Valley Beach Club’s banquet halls can cater events from 75 to 200 guests. You can have your dream intimate wedding in its rustic Clubhouse that features a deck overlooking the picturesque lake, giving you a romantic yet rural wedding ambiance. Sun Valley Beach Club’s quaint Hill House allows you to steal the spotlight in its grand entrance as you march down the aisle and say, “I do.”
Sun Valley Beach Club also offers you an elegant wedding backdrop for your marriage ceremony under its appealing gazebo and covered bridge. These venues are available for your wedding ceremonies regardless of whether you will have your wedding reception at Sun Valley Beach Club or not.