Okay my good people, prepare to be amazed! Have you already heard of this amazing award-winning South Farms wedding venue? If you have not, it is Connecticut’s largest premier, historic farm venue that has received the “Couples’ Choice Awards” from WeddingWire in 2019. It is like the ultimate rustic haven for romantic souls! So, if you’re looking for a place for a farm wedding that radiates elegance with a rustic feel, South Farms is the place to host it! Imagine a country-style wedding at an actual working farm with a stunning view of Connecticut’s agricultural landscape (while Shania Twain sings “From this Moment On” in the background!).
South Farms is a spacious Connecticut wedding venue — you do not have to worry about accommodation or the lack of picturesque backdrops for your snapshots. Feast your eyes on the 150 acres of scenic pastures in this 20,000-square-foot barn, ideal for your IG stories on your wedding day.
South Farms wedding venue offers a wide range of facilities — you will have everything you need to have your dream barn wedding, including:
- 150 acres GLORIOUS views of scenic pastures, highlighting Connecticut’s rich agricultural landscape
- The Parlor Room, which features a 16-foot high ceiling, natural light-filling cupola, and custom-designed uplighting with classical steel accents – even the sound of that makes me feel regal!
- The Hayloft Room, which boasts 50-foot ceilings, offering views of the Parlor;
- The Bull Room, highlighted by post and beam construction, weathered patina metal roofing, and two sets of magnificent large sliding barn doors that give you entrances into both the Bull Yard and Courtyard;
- The Stone Barn – spotlights a partially subterranean stone-walled structure with a 30-foot long poplar tree chandelier and arched pendant Edison bulbs!
Other wedding services available at the South Farms:
- Setup and cleanup
- Outside vendors
Brief History Of South Farms
South Farms is a family-run farm/events venue in Litchfield County, Connecticut. It accentuates the state’s historic roots and promising agricultural future. It is working farmland and houses a top-notch wedding venue, The White Barn.
The most noteworthy part of South Farms is without a doubt, The White Barn. It is Connecticut’s largest historic farm venue that offers unique spaces, including the Parlor, Hayloft, Bull Room, and Stone Barn. It’s a perfect farm wedding reception as it gives you the opportunity to experience an authentic day on a farm (how cool is that?). The White Barn offers you and your guests a wedding experience that’s one of the ages. You simply can’t say no to its natural beauty and rustic charm while making sure you have all the essential amenities like restrooms, parking, electricity, and climate control.
Accommodations for Ceremonies
Wood Acres Farm offers three wedding packages, namely:
- The Pleasant View Package
- The Candlewood Package
- The Nottingwood Package
Of the three, The Pleasant View Package is the most popular. It gives you awesome inclusions, such as:
- Exclusive access to the garden and the Banquet Barn;
- Multiple outdoor ceremony sites in their gardens;
- Horse and carriage for grand entrance and newlyweds ride – and we all know that this is a turning point for you to choose, am I right!?
- 24 ceremony chairs, set up and taken down by their staff;
- Rustic decor like centerpieces and other props;
- Use of the Bridal Cottage for 2 hours prior to your ceremony and during the reception!
Pricing, Packages, and Potential Fees
The South Farms is a premier Connecticut wedding venue that offers reasonable, competitive prices. They divide their calendar year into two parts, and pricing varies depending on what month you want to book.
Peak season covers:
Off-peak season is during:
Prices for wedding ceremonies range depending on the season. During the PEAK SEASON, they have a starting price of $750 while wedding events held during OFF-PEAK months start at $500. This starting fee includes chairs, parking, setup, and tables. If you ever need their bar service (I mean how could you not, it is amazing!), their starting rate is $35 per person. Picky about your drinks and need variety? Well folks, I can assure you that their bar service provides fantastic features for the price, ideal to celebrate and toast to love!
The bar service includes:
If you are hesitant at first, take into consideration that South Farms has an outstanding rating of 5.0 among couples who have used their services! They are commended for their quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism, and average response time. After all, it’s no wonder why South Farms wedding venue is an award-winning events place!