Description of the Aesthetics, the Looks, and Feel
Since your wedding is going to be one of the most important days of your life, you’re probably going all-out in the preparation. You want this day to be as memorable as possible, so you’re making sure every detail meets your expectations. One of your first concerns should be the venue. If you’re looking for a place where you can tie the knot with no stress, consider a hotel.
Getting married at a hotel allows you to work with trained professionals who know how to create your big day. Your photos will also look great because hotels have gorgeous architecture and landscaping.
Avon Old Farms Hotel wedding venue is a prominent events place in Avon, Connecticut. It is located in the breathtaking Farmington River Valley and is nestled on 20 acres of manicured grounds. Exchange vows by the lush gardens with a gazebo and stream for a magical outdoor setting. If you prefer an indoor ceremony, the Towpath Ballroom is a great choice as it has a terrace and an amazing landscape.
This famed Connecticut wedding venue offers a full line of amenities to create your perfect nuptials, including:
- Get married at a multi-awarded hotel — Yankee Magazine’s “Best of the Best” and AAA Three Diamond Awardee
- Tie the knot at a property with 20 acres that features the scenic Talcott Mountain in Avon, CT
- Take advantage of the perfect blend of nature’s beauty and the city’s convenience
- Enjoy the easy access to the venue — it’s only ten minutes away from downtown Hartford
- Have amazing wedding photos with stunning mountain views, colorful gardens, manicured grounds, a nice gazebo, and elegant interiors for your backdrop
- Feel the elegance and luxury of the place that highlights Georgian-style decor, sparkling chandeliers, a marble foyer, and antique furnishings
- Invite up to 160 of your closest family and friends to witness your special day
- Treat your out-of-town guests to a relaxing night by choosing any of their 156 luxurious rooms
A Brief Overview of the History
Avon Old Farms Hotel wedding venue is a premier New England hotel that hosts social gatherings, events, and weddings. It is a multi-awarded venue, receiving prestigious distinctions, such as the AAA Three Diamond Award. The hotel is also the recipient of The Knot’s “Best of Weddings” in 2016-2017 and WeddingWire’s Couple’s Choice Award in 2018-2019.
This Connecticut wedding venue is located just ten minutes from downtown Hartford, allowing you and your guests to enjoy both the natural beauty of the surroundings and the conveniences of the city. It gives you stunning views of the Talcott Mountain, Talcott Stream, and the Farmington River Valley.
The interiors are also a sight to see, highlighted by Georgian-style decor, sparkling chandeliers, a marble foyer, and antique furnishings. The three-story sweeping staircase gives you an elegant, grand entrance for your and your guests.
Accommodations for Ceremonies And Receptions
The Avon Old Farms Hotel wedding venue hosts celebrations at the Towpath Ballroom and Terrace, which accommodates up to 160 seated guests for both the ceremony and reception. For smaller events, the Talcott Room is perfect for a group of 50 people and the Private dining room is good for 30 individuals. The Seasons Restaurant can also serve as a dining area for 50 guests.
Pricing, packages, and potential fees
Avon Old Farms Hotel wedding venue offers discounted pricing for Friday and Sunday weddings. They have wedding packages that allow you to use the property for 5 and a half hours.
They have site rental fees starting at $4k according to their site which includes:
- A 20 x 50 tent
- Access to a ballroom
- Their gardens for your ceremony
- Lawn area for cocktail hour and lawn games
- Tables and chairs
- A kitch for caterers
- Staff members to assist
- and a ton more!
The average wedding costing around $102/person according to Here Comes The Guide